Hello, I am Bill Gaskins. I live in Andrews, SC. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Presently, I am the Teaching American History Grant Facilitator for the Berkeley County School District. This is my 22st year as a teacher. In the last 20 years I have taught fourth, fifth, and sixth grades, worked as a reading specialist, and an instructional technology coach at two other schools in our district. I have passion for instructional technology in the classroom. Our kids need to be prepared for the digital world that is ever so changing as I write this. My goal is to help other educators meet those challenges.
M. Ed. Curriculum and Instruction with Emphasis in Technology, Grand Canyon University, 2008
B.S., Business Administration, College of Charleston, 1982
M.Ed., Elementary Education, Converse College, 1988.
Graduate courses through Citadel and Coastal Carolina University
Certified Reading and Elementary Teacher
Gifted and Talented Endorsement
Berkeley County School District:
- Teaching American History Grant Facilitator
- Coach/Mentor to K-5 Social Studies Teachers
Coastal Carolina University
- Adjunct Instructor, Spring 2010, “Writing in the Digital Classroom”
Coastal Area Writing Project:
- Technology Liaison 2008 (http://coastalwp.ning.com/main/)
Carvers Bay Middle School
- Instructional Technology Coach (Funded by E2T2)
- Implementing Laptop Initiative with Sixth Graders
- Coordinate Technology Integrations for School
- District Technology Leadership Team
- Organized Parent Technology Literacy Seminars for Sixth Grade Parent
- Promethean Board Training Seminars
- Author of an Instructional Blog – “Blogging on the Bay)
Andrews Elementary School
- Taught fifth grade gifted/talented language arts and social studies 2002-2007
- Instructional technology coach from 2006-2007 (stipend position)
- District Technology Leadership Team
- Technology Teacher from 1999-2002
- Technology Planning
- Staff Development
- Organized Community Technology Nights
- Keyboarding Lab
- Writing Lab
Rosemary Middle School
- Reading Specialist 1995-98
- Sixth Grade Language Arts Teacher 1989-95
- District Language Arts Curriculum Committee
- Chair Person of Language Arts Committee
- Chair Person of Technology Committee
- Technology Planning Facilitator for School
- Citadel University, Charleston, SC, Integrating Technology in a Standard-Based Curriculum, Summer I 2000 through Spring 2003, (Designed the course and got it approved by Citadel University)
- Citadel University, Charleston, SC, Integrating Technology in an Active Learning Classroom, Spring 2002 and Summer 2002; and Fall 2003 (Designed the course and got it approved by Citadel University)
- Intel Teach to the Future Trainer, Georgetown County School Staff Development
- Coastal Carolina University, Fall 1995 and Fall 1996, Integrating of Reading and Writing
- Technology Boot Camps for Educators, South Carolina State Department of Eduction, January 2008.
- “Get Wiki with It: Wikis in the Classroom,” October 1, Carvers Bay Middle School Teachers
- “Blogging in the Classroom” September 24, 2008, Cavers Bay Middle School Teachers
- “Making the Technology Shift”, August 26, 2008, Faculty of Carvers Bay Middle School
- “Google Documents for Educators,” February 14, 2008, Technology Leadership Committee.
- “Introduction to Blogging,” January 2008, SC Reading Initiative Regional Coach meeting.
- “Designing Effective Flip Charts,” November 2008, GCSD Teachers
- “Promethean Board Basics” September , 2008, GCSD Teachers
- “South Carolina Teacher ePortfolio Proficiency System”, November 14, 2007, Beck Administration Center, Audience: District Technology Coaches.
- “American Memory Collection: The Library of Congress,” February 3, 2005, Beck Administration Center, Audience: District Gifted and Talented Teachers.
- “Internet Content for the Classroom,” November 14, 2002, Kensington Elementary School.
- “Technology Integration and Active Learning: A Design for Successful Learners,” October 21 and 21, the 2002 SERVE Forum on School Improvement: Designs for Success, Birmingham, Alabama
- “Active Learning with Technology: Meaningful Professional Development for K-12 Teachers,” October 8, 2002, South Carolina Educational Technology Conference, Myrtle Beach.
- “Internet Content for the Classroom,” May 6, 2002, Lake City Elementary School.
- “Strategies for the One Computer Classroom” and “Great Internet Resources, “ 2001 Georgetown County School District, Putting the T into the Curriculum, Staff Development Conference: Presented on the Following Two Topic: and
- “How Leaders Support Teachers Using Technology,” 2000 SERVE Leadership Forum, Tampa, Florida,
- “Reading and Writing Workshop in a Middle School Classroom,” 1993 South Carolina International Reading Association Conference.
- “Reading Strategies in a Middle School Classroom,” 1993 and 1994 Horry County Leadership Academy, 1993 and 1994.
- “Reading and Writing Workshop Strategies for a Middle School Classroom,” 1994 Middlebrook Middle School, Orangeburg, SC, 1994.
- Writer of the May 2002 Southern Association of Schools and Colleges School Improvement Plan for Andrews Elementary School.
- EIA Grant to Purchase Classroom Libraries for fourth grade, 1999, Andrews Elementary School.
- “Picture Books in the Middle School Classroom,” 1994, Georgetown County Educational Foundation
- State of South Carolina Representative to the South Eastern and Islands Regional Technology in Education Consortium. 1995-2000.
- SEIRTEC Technology Leadership Academy, Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia, July 1999, and Orlando, Florida, 2000.
- Grant Review Panels for the Federal Department of Education
- Twenty First Century Community Service Learning- Atlanta, GA, March 1999.
- Drug and Safe Free School- Washington, D.C., June 1999
- Co-Director of the Coastal Carolina Writing Project, 1993-1996.
- Facilitator, SEIRTEC, Authentic Task Approach Facilitator; Southern Associations of Colleges and Schools, School Improvement Planning, Andrews Elementary School, 2001-2002; Strategic Technology Planning Committee, Andrews Elementary School, 1999-2000; Strategic Technology Planning Committee, Rosemary Middle School, 1997-1999.
- Lay Leader, Trinity United Methodist Church, Andrews, SC
- Board of Director for the Georgetown County YMCA
- Coordinator for the 20th Annual Christmas Dinner for the Coastal Area Chapter of the American Red Cross